Tired of the boring solid background wallpaper of your desktop? Making your desktop wallpaper helps you to motivate. In this tutorial will show you how to change your boring wallpaper in easy way.
Give your windows desktop a makeover with this application.
Wallpaper Engine enables you to use live wallpapers on your Windows desktop. Various types of wallpaper are supported, including 3D and 2D animations, websites, videos and even certain applications. Choose an existing wallpaper or create your own and share it on Steam Workshop!- Bring your desktop alive with
– Bring your desktop alive with realtime graphics, videos, applications or websites.
– Personalize your wallpapers with your favorite colors.
– Use interactive wallpapers that can be controlled with your mouse.
– Support for many aspect ratios and native resolutions including 16:9, 21:9, 16:10, 4:3.
– Support for multi monitor environments.
– Wallpapers will pause while playing games.
– Create your own wallpapers with the Wallpaper Editor.
– Use the Steam Workshop to share your wallpapers.
– Wallpaper Engine can be used in parallel to any other Steam game or application.
OS : Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10
Processor : 1.66 GHz Intel i5
Memory : 1024 MB RAM
Graphics : HD Graphics 4000
Storage : 512 MB available space
OS : Windows 8.1, 10
Processor : 2.0 GHz Intel i7
Memory : 2048 MB RAM
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD HD7870, 2 GB VRAM
Storage : 1024 MB available space[/tab] [/tabcontent] [/tabs]
How to install Wallpaper Engine?
Download the file first here.
- Locate the file.
- Extract to specified folder location, i may suggest extract it to C:\Program Files. or create a folder named Installed Files C:\Installed Files.
- Open the folder.
- Try to run Wallpaper32 if your system is 32 bit or Wallpapaer64 if your system is 64 bit.
- If you got an error like “msvcp120.dll does not exist” proceed to the next step.
- Open _CommmonRedist.
- You need to install this first, Open DirectX and locate DX setup.
- Install it. Once you done, Open vcredist folder.
- Install vcredist. x64 if your system is 64bit and x86 if your system is 32bit.
- Once you done, Open this again to use wallpaper engine :
You can now change your Wallpaper into a cool live wallpaper. Just follow this screenshot :
How to change my wallpaper into a live wallpaper?
You can use the default live wallpaper of this application or set your own Video as a wallpaper. Just click “Open from file” and locate your video you want to use as a wallpaper.
Where can I download cool live video wallpaper?
You can search it in Google but I recommend YouTube. just search Wallpaper Engine.
Don’t hesitate to comment below if you have any questions about this post.